Top 5 Benefits of Doing Cryotherapy
The benefits of doing Cryotherapy vary from person to person, but it is nothing short of impressive how treatments from one minute and thirty seconds up to three minutes can yield such results! We’ve come up with the top 5 benefits that cryotherapy has on your health and well being.
1. Decreasing Inflammation: Exposing your skin to extremely cold temperatures triggers a systemic anti-inflammatory response, which helps to decrease inflammation in all areas of the body. Cryotherapy is thought of a more tolerable and beneficial ice bath or cold plunge! With temperatures around -160 degrees Celsius (around -260 degrees Fahrenheit), it’s no doubt that your inflammation will decrease much quicker.
2. Relieving Aches and Pains: Cryotherapy is an effective way in improving joint disorders and is a way that a lot of people try to recover from injuries. Cryotherapy was first designed in Japan for rheumatoid arthritis, but many studies have been conducted over the years about Cryotherapy helping in muscle recovery. It’s no surprise why so many professional athletes do Cryotherapy to cut their recovery time and increase their performance! This can help make your work outs more productive because your body won’t be as sore, and you’ll be able to keep up working out daily.
3. Increasing Your Metabolism: Exposing your body to extremely cold temperatures makes your body increase its metabolic rate to help produce heat. The effect can last up to 42 hours following the treatment. The best part about this is that your body will burn up to 800 calories following the treatment (yes, we said 800 calories)! After doing several Cryotherapy treatments, your body will naturally increase its metabolism and the effects will last longer. Although we do not recommend cryotherapy specifically for weight loss, it can be a positive compliment to a healthy diet and working out several times a week!
4. Endorphin Rush: Another effect of exposing your body to extremely cold temperatures is the release of endorphins. There have been studies that have shown that Cryotherapy has helped to improve mood disorders and has had positive effects on people with depression. Most people say they feel a “runner’s high” after doing a treatment and feel a lot happier and ready to take on the day!
5. Anti-Aging Effect: Cryotherapy helps to accelerate the production of collagen, which helps to improve skin elasticity and texture. This also helps to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of cellulite. These effects won’t be apparent after your first treatment, but will become apparent when Cryotherapy sessions become more of a routine.